Buyers Agents are licensed agents who represent the buyer in a real estate purchase. Typically, this involves finding properties that satisfy clients purchasing criteria, carrying out the due diligence and assistance in acquiring the property by negotiation or at auction.
Buyers Agents are governed by legislation and codes of conduct as prescribed by the Office of Fair Trade.
You can expect the following from a Buyers Agent (or Buyers Advocate)
- Sourcing off-market or pre-market listings
- Reduce your investment of time
- Understands the market very well
- Knows how to look out for clever purchasing opportunities
- Can provide clear feedback
- Liaise with your solicitor, broker and sometimes architect
- Call council on your behalf
- Arrange strata reports and pest and building inspections
- Save you stress and act as your wingman (or woman)
- Negotiate the best deal for you
- Provide valuable advice throughout the buying process
Buyers Agents work for the buyer and by law must disclose any commissions payable or received. It is illegal for a Buyers’ Agent to receive a commission from their client and then from a vendor.
Through industry experience and networks established a good buyers’ agent will have greater experience, access to more data and information that results in benefits passed on to their clients ensuring you make a well informed and educated decision.
As a third party there is no emotion in the deal, a good buyers’ agent will look at facts and market factors for decisions. They are skilled negotiators and save you time by narrowing down your property search.
Buyers Agents can save their clients tens of thousands of dollars, from not buying the wrong property to ensuring they negotiate the lowest achievable price for the right property.
To find a reputable Buyers’ Agent you can look to industry bodies such as www.REBAA.com.au or your states Real Estate Institute or sites such as www.localhost/propertywomen who have affiliate partners in all capital cities.
if you’d like to take a look at the buyers agents we have on our Property Professionals Network please follow this link